The Career Series “Moving on Up: Intentional Leadership Development” (Date re-scheduled)
About the workshop:
“Moving On Up: Intentional Leadership Development”
Rising from a functional expert to a General Manager is an exciting shift as well as a critical transition. Understanding personal strengths, organisational linkages and interconnections as well as an awareness of how to manage through other people is invaluable. This program is a very interactive session that looks at personal communication styles, 5 universally identified important experiences for leadership and encourages personal reflection and strategy building.
Alyssa Matheson from Vantage Point Advisors will deliver a three-part interactive career series to help you fast-track your job search and elevate your career. We highly recommend that you attend all three sessions. Join us for these interactive sessions!
- Wednesday, 29 September: Resumes That Get You Noticed
- Wednesday, 20 October: Interviewing With Impact
- Tuesday, 23 November: Moving on Up – Intentional Leadership Development
You will learn:
• how to craft a stellar resume that will land you an interview
• tools and techniques on how to write an impactful cover letter
• how to present your best self during a virtual or in-person interview
• what is the best way to approach different interviewing styles
• how to understand yourself in order to boost your leadership skills
• why awareness of organisational linkages can help you move up in your professional journey
Sessions will be held at Workcentral, 190 Clemenceau Road from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. Light meal will be served.
About the Speaker
Managing Director, Vantage Point Advisors
Alyssa Matheson is the Managing Director of Vantage Point Advisors, a career and professional development business that provides Corporate Coaching to organisations striving for excellence through connection and collaboration, as well as Career Support to individuals passionate about designing their unique and personal career journey.
Originally established in New Zealand in 2013, Vantage Point Advisors is now excited to be operating in Singapore. Clients range from tertiary institutions including Kellogg Northwestern, Monash MBA and Chicago Booth, to individuals and businesses across a broad range of industries including finance, law, consulting, aquaculture, health, marine and energy.
Previously, Alyssa worked for The University of Chicago Booth School of Business as Assistant Director for Career Services, Asia Campus. In her role, she provided a diverse range of career support services to students of the Executive MBA program as well as alumni globally, with a specific focus on Asia. Alyssa was part of a global Career Services team that was ranked number one worldwide in the 2012 Economist.
Alyssa comes from a Human Resource Management background, having worked in the international law and investment banking fields for organisations across Australia, Singapore, the UK and New Zealand including Goldman Sachs, Kennedys Law Firm, Henry Davis York Lawyers and The Spencer Partnership.
Alyssa is highly accredited with tertiary qualifications and advance training in HR and Career
• Master of Human Resource Management, Monash University
• Bachelor of Education (Honors), University of Newcastle
• Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
• Coaching Clinic Licensing Program, Coach U
• Personal Coaching Styles Inventory (PCSI), Coach U
• Core Essential Graduate, Coach U
• Professional Diploma of Human Resources, Deakin University
• Foundations of Human Resources Certificate, Australian Human Resources Institute
Having lived and worked overseas for over 20 years, Alyssa is based in Singapore with her family, however continues to travel for work. Alyssa is an avid runner and mountain biker, a boutique vineyard owner and a mother to two children.
Learn more about Alyssa: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alyssa-matheson-b9bb0221/
Learn about Vantage Point Advisors: https://vpadvisors.com.sg
Note: This event is being organised in line with the current regulations. All attendees must be fully vaccinated.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please reach out to the Careers team Berlinda Gooi and Adinda Bulan at email@example.com