Writing for Impact – 5 Writing Techniques that You Need to Start Using Right Now!
Have you ever written endless drafts of work reports, only to find that none of them really convey what you want to say?
Have you ever struggled to capture your thoughts succinctly?
Does the thought of writing another difficult email fill you with dread?
If you have answered Yes to any of these, then this session is for you.
After attending this session, you will get insights to:
- exploit the potential of workplace writing to drive significant change in the culture and efficiency of your organisation
- adopt a new mindset which will allow you personally to create greater impact at work and to gain more recognition
- express even the most complex ideas simply and vividly
- enhance your well-being at work by strengthening your sense of connection with the people you work with.
This session has two parts :
A. Writing Strategically, where you will learn how to:
- think strategically
- visualise your own ideas easily and organise them logically
- define precise, strategic objectives
- engage your readers and persuade them to act
- write less.
B. Writing Clearly, where you will learn how to:
- develop a consistent, natural, and highly readable writing style
- construct simple, easy sentences, paragraphs, and bullet points
- make fewer grammar errors and connect with your reader more.
About the Speaker
Dr Simon Miles
After 28 years, Simon is still eagerly pursuing his mission to help business leaders, governments, and technical professionals to write strategically and clearly. He’s coached more than 7,000 professionals from the world’s biggest investment banks, the best-known insurance companies, game changing tech companies, government departments, and industry regulators. He’s delivered workshops face-to-face in 22 countries.
Earlier in his career, Dr Miles ran the corporate training division of the Centre for Professional and Business English (CPBE) at the HK Polytechnic University. In addition to mentoring trainers and overseeing the development of materials for corporate clients, Dr Miles also conducted in-depth programs to develop teaching skills, thus creating a new and valuable source of talent for the HK training industry.
Simon has lived in Asia since 1993.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please reach out to the Personal Power Lunch team Sahana Bapu and Amrita Khadilkar at firstname.lastname@example.org